Monday, June 6, 2011

Safe and Sound

Hi Leif,

I hope this note finds you well and happy.  It was nice of you to finally make your appearance, the labor lasting over a day.  You're lucky you're so handsome that you make up for the hard time you gave your mom.  Don't let it bother you my boy.  You were very much worth waiting for. 
However, Leif, I am your Uncle.  That gives me carte blanche (with approval from you parents, of course) for lectures on life and I find this an opportune time for a few words on the subject of miracles.

The first part is easy.
You are a miracle Leif.

God had a plan since the world was made to create you and that you would be born this day, at this time, in this place and to this family.  I think we're a pretty good family but you can make your own mind up to whether that plan was a blessing or a curse, but I digress.  The point Leif is that I never want you to make the mistake of looking to your birth and seeing so many machines and doctors and missing the fact that this whole beautiful thing doesn't just happen.  It's something special.  You are special and I love you very much. 

Love - Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment